Rules & Etiquette
- No shoes on the grey mats. Only approved martial arts shoes.
- All bags go in the locker room. A water bottle, towel and gloves for the class are allowed in the open area.
- Please treat bathrooms with respect and cleanliness
- ACE Martial Arts training attire is available for purchase at our venue.
- Once graded you should be wearing ACE uniform to all classes.
- Males: Singlet or T-Shirt only. Comfortable and loose shorts/MMA/Kickboxing shorts or martial arts training pants. Males, training shirtless is not allowed.
- Females: Singlet or T-Shirt only, leggings/tights or comfortable shorts.
Please read on the importance of uniform here: https://acemartialarts.com.au/importance
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before class time to avoid being late. Late arrival disrupts the class and coach.
- If you’re feeling unwell, do not attend the premises.
- If you’re injured please contact your instructor to discuss the injury and approval to attend.
- If you’re sweating excessively, please mop your sweat off the maps after class
- Please change to a fresh t-shirt/singlet if you’re doing a double class
- Use deodorant.
- Keep fingers and toenails short and clean to prevent injury to yourself and others.
- Bring a towel at all times to training.
- Do not walk on the mat in your shoes, so that we can prevent the spread of germs.
- Do not walk outside with bare feet. If you have to go outside, wear sandals or shoes.
- Do not enter restrooms without shoes.
- Have fun and help but do not over coach. Overcoaching can confuse and disrupt your partner’s progress.
- If help is required, ask one of the coaches.
- Respect your instructor and the class by not talking while the instructor is talking.
- We welcome a fun and encouraging environment, however, please avoid casual, non-relevant conversation when you’re in the middle of training, e.g. whilst hitting pads, sparring etc. If you are talking, you are not committing yourself 100% and respecting your partner’s training.
- For your first session, all you need is hand wraps to protect your hands (we have these available).
- Once you’re a member you’ll require 10-12oz boxing gloves.
- As you progress you may need some other equipment, these include shin pads (kickboxing only), and 16oz boxing gloves and a mouthguard.
- Please be respectful to the sparring rules and pace that the instructor dictates. Learning pace control is a skill that needs to be practiced along with everything else we learn in class.
- If you feel that your partner is not abiding by the guidelines, please let the coach know.
- If you’re uncomfortable with any sparring, please let your coach know.
- Pick up after yourself and don’t leave your belongings. We are not responsible for them.
- Any equipment or clothing left behind will be placed in the lost property basket located in the locker room.
- Lost property will be thrown out every Saturday.
- Street parking is available on Tabrett St and the Princes Hwy.
- Supercheap Auto car park at the front of the building can be used from Mon to Wed & Fri from 5:30 pm and Thursday from 7pm.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT